Certainly! Here’s the recipe for “Zesty Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon”:
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 oz or 170g each), skin-on or skinless
- 2 lemons (1 for grilling, 1 for serving)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If you don’t have a grill, you can also use a grill pan on the stovetop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. This will create the zesty marinade for the salmon.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish or a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon, making sure each fillet is coated evenly. Allow the salmon to marinate for at least 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator. If you have more time, you can marinate it for up to 1 hour to enhance the flavors.
- While the salmon is marinating, slice one of the lemons into thin rounds. These lemon slices will be used for grilling.
- Once the salmon has marinated, remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before grilling.
- Grease the grill grates or grill pan lightly to prevent sticking.
- Place the marinated salmon fillets on the preheated grill or grill pan. If using skin-on fillets, grill the skin side first for about 4-5 minutes. Then, flip the fillets and grill the flesh side for another 4-5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. If using skinless fillets, grill each side for about 4-5 minutes.
- While grilling the salmon, add the lemon slices to the grill as well. Grill them for about 1-2 minutes per side until they develop grill marks and caramelize slightly.
- Once the salmon is done grilling, transfer it to a serving platter. Squeeze the juice of the grilled lemon over the salmon for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- Serve the Zesty Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon hot, garnished with the grilled lemon slices and fresh parsley.
- This delightful dish pairs wonderfully with a side of steamed vegetables, a crisp green salad, or some garlic butter rice.
Enjoy the refreshing and zesty flavors of this Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon. It’s a light and healthy option for a delicious and satisfying meal!