Sure! Here’s the recipe for Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry:
- 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red chili peppers, thinly sliced (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl it around to coat the pan.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced red chili peppers to the wok. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken to the wok and cook until it is no longer pink and starts to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the sliced red and green bell peppers to the wok. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers begin to soften.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and peppers. Toss everything together to coat the ingredients in the sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh basil leaves to the stir-fry. Stir gently until the basil wilts slightly from the residual heat.
- Serve the Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry over steamed rice and enjoy the delicious and flavorful meal!
- If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add more sliced red chili peppers or drizzle some sriracha sauce over the stir-fry before serving.
- The Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry can be customized with other vegetables like broccoli, snow peas, or carrots, depending on your taste and what you have available in your kitchen.
- For a vegetarian version, you can replace the chicken with tofu or tempeh and follow the same steps for a delicious plant-based alternative.
- This dish is best served immediately while it’s still hot and fresh. The combination of the tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and aromatic basil creates a mouthwatering blend of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
- If you enjoy the interplay of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors, this Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry is sure to become one of your favorite go-to recipes for a quick and satisfying meal.
- As a tip, make sure to have all the ingredients prepped and ready before you start cooking, as stir-frying is a fast and dynamic process that requires constant attention.
- Feel free to adjust the level of spiciness and seasoning to suit your personal taste. You can also garnish the dish with some chopped green onions, sesame seeds, or crushed peanuts for added texture and visual appeal.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Simply reheat the stir-fry in a pan or microwave until heated through before enjoying it again.
- Whether you’re a fan of Thai cuisine or simply love flavorful stir-fry dishes, this Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry is a must-try recipe that will undoubtedly impress your taste buds.
Enjoy this delectable and aromatic Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry as a delightful meal on its own or accompanied by some jasmine rice or noodles. Bon appétit!