Sure, here’s the recipe for “Savory Stuffed Bell Peppers”:
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse the peppers under cold water and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic, sautéing until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, cooked rice, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the meat and rice mixture, pressing it down gently to fill the peppers completely.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle shredded cheese over each stuffed pepper.
- Return the dish to the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the stuffed bell peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Savory Stuffed Bell Peppers as a satisfying main course!