Sure! Here’s the recipe for “Savory Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine”
- 8 oz (about 225g) linguine pasta
- 1 lb (about 450g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup chicken or seafood broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook the linguine: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water, and set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: In a large skillet or pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using). Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Cook the shrimp: Increase the heat to medium-high and add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set them aside.
- Make the garlic butter sauce: In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, pour in the chicken or seafood broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and season: Pour in the heavy cream, stirring it into the broth mixture. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Combine the linguine and shrimp: Add the cooked linguine to the skillet with the sauce, tossing it to coat the pasta evenly. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve: Plate the garlic butter shrimp linguine and top it with the cooked shrimp. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your delectable Savory Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine!
- Optional garnish: For an extra touch of flavor and texture, you can add some additional toppings like a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the linguine or a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. These optional garnishes will enhance the overall taste of the dish.
- Serving suggestion: Serve the Savory Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine immediately while it’s still hot. This dish pairs wonderfully with a side of garlic bread or a crisp garden salad dressed with a light vinaigrette. It’s a satisfying and delightful meal perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Storage: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. When reheating, you can add a splash of chicken or seafood broth to bring back some moisture to the pasta.
This Savory Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine recipe is sure to become a family favorite with its rich flavors and comforting appeal. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or simply craving a delicious homemade meal, this dish is sure to impress and satisfy your taste buds.
Note: If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, feel free to customize the recipe. You can add vegetables like spinach or cherry tomatoes for added color and nutrients, or substitute the heavy cream with coconut cream for a dairy-free option.
Enjoy cooking and savoring this delightful Savory Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine! Bon appétit!