Certainly! Here’s the recipe for “Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken”:
- 1.5 lbs (about 680g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Prepare the teriyaki marinade: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved. This will be the teriyaki marinade and sauce for the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken thigh pieces in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour half of the teriyaki marinade over the chicken, reserving the other half for later. Ensure the chicken pieces are coated with the marinade. Seal the bag or cover the dish and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Prepare the pineapple: If using fresh pineapple, peel and cut it into bite-sized chunks. If using canned pineapple, drain the juice before use. Set the pineapple chunks aside.
- Cook the chicken: In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the hot pan, discarding the used marinade. Cook the chicken until it’s browned and cooked through, usually about 5-6 minutes.
- Create the teriyaki sauce: While the chicken is cooking, take the reserved half of the teriyaki marinade and pour it into a small saucepan. In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the saucepan with the teriyaki marinade, whisking constantly over medium heat until the sauce thickens. This will be the teriyaki glaze for the chicken.
- Combine the chicken and pineapple: Once the chicken is cooked, add the pineapple chunks to the skillet and toss them together with the chicken to heat through.
- Add the teriyaki glaze: Pour the thickened teriyaki glaze over the chicken and pineapple mixture. Stir everything together, ensuring the chicken and pineapple are coated evenly with the flavorful glaze.
- Garnish and serve: Remove the skillet from the heat. Garnish the Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with sliced green onions and sesame seeds (if using) for added visual appeal and taste. Serve the delicious teriyaki chicken over a bed of cooked white rice.
Enjoy the delightful fusion of sweet and savory flavors in this Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken! It’s a perfect balance of succulent chicken, juicy pineapple, and the rich teriyaki glaze that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Enjoy your meal!
Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken” recipe:
- Optional additions: To elevate the dish even further, you can add some vegetables to the skillet along with the chicken and pineapple. Bell peppers, sliced carrots, and snap peas are excellent choices that not only bring more colors to the dish but also add extra crunch and nutrition.
- Adjusting sweetness and heat: If you prefer a sweeter teriyaki glaze, you can increase the amount of brown sugar in the marinade. On the other hand, if you like a bit of heat, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of sriracha sauce to the marinade or the teriyaki glaze.
- Make it a complete meal: For a complete and balanced meal, serve the Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with steamed broccoli or a side of Asian-inspired coleslaw. The freshness of the vegetables complements the rich teriyaki flavors, making it a satisfying and nutritious dish.
- Storage: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat the chicken and pineapple in the microwave or in a skillet over low heat, and if needed, refresh the teriyaki glaze by warming it gently on the stovetop.
This Mouthwatering Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for gatherings, family dinners, or any time you want to treat yourself to a scrumptious homemade meal. The combination of tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and the sweet and savory teriyaki glaze will leave you craving more.
Remember, this recipe is versatile, and you can make it your own by experimenting with different vegetables or adding your favorite ingredients. So, have fun in the kitchen and enjoy this delightful Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with your loved ones!