Sure! Here’s the recipe for Mouthwatering Honey BBQ Chicken Wings:
- 2 lbs (about 1 kg) chicken wings, split into drumettes and flats
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite brand or homemade)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for some heat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet to help elevate the chicken wings for even cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Mix everything together until well combined.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss them in the marinade until they are evenly coated. Allow the wings to marinate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse into the meat. For best results, you can marinate them overnight in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, remove the chicken wings from the bowl and shake off any excess marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting later.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the wings and toss them to coat lightly. The oil will help crisp up the wings during baking.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared wire rack in a single layer, ensuring they have some space between them for even cooking.
- Bake the wings in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through and golden brown, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- While the wings are baking, take the reserved marinade and heat it in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes until it slightly thickens. This will be used for basting the wings later.
- Once the chicken wings are done, remove them from the oven and brush them generously with the heated marinade.
- Transfer the Mouthwatering Honey BBQ Chicken Wings to a serving platter and garnish with some chopped fresh cilantro or green onions for a burst of color and freshness.
- Serve the delicious wings with some cooling cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, or celery on the side, and don’t forget to have plenty of napkins on hand! These wings are sure to be a hit at parties, game nights, or any gathering with friends and family.
Enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of these Honey BBQ Chicken Wings—they are finger-licking good!